Today was the final session for this phase of the Out There Project. Our woven sculpture is complete and we took it outside for a photo opportunity. The sculpture has used:
buddleia, nettle (dye and fibres), crocosmia fibres, bramble shoots, madder, logwood, marigold, elder (leaf and berries), onion skins, eucalyptus, rose leaves, berberis, salvia, oxalis, violas, petunias, gaillardia, and willow.
We also dressed our rowan tree up with the garland made in an earlier session.
The project has gone really well. Some comments from our participants:
“Going back to basics regarding working/living with nature, it’s been brilliant!”
“Great to find local walks I didn’t know about and having a chance to work on the allotment seeing changes through the seasons”
“Being in an environment where people understand my mental health issues and having support”
The Out There project will continue. Stay tuned for an umbrella quilt (15 donated so far! still looking for more) and other exciting environmental art projects…